The Certificate in Skills for Soft Furnishings is the ideal course for students who wish to tackle individual projects or alternatively those choosing to add a professional accolade to aid their career in the curtain making and soft furnishings industry. The core elements covered in this course range from measuring & design of window treatments to sewing, construction techniques, right through to business advice for starting your own company. This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge, qualification and confidence that they require to start up their own practice, or alternatively, offer them a pathway to further study.
Who should do this course?
- Would you like to make your own soft furnishings for your home?
- Have you already made curtains successfully for your own home and for family and friends?
- Do they often suggest that you start your own business?
- Would you like to start your own business but you need a professional qualification?
- Would your existing business benefit from more professional techniques and know how?
- planning and design several personal project
- considering colour palettes and pattern
- measure, estimate and fit for soft furnishings
- machine and hand sewing skills e.g. zips, piping
- the art of window dressing
- Construction of cushions, blinds, curtains and bedding
QualificationOn completion of this course, you’ll achieve AAID National units in:
- Soft Furnishing: Window Dressing (1 credit)
- Machine and Hand Sewing for Soft Furnishings (1 credit)
- Materials for Soft Furnishings (1 credit).